Refugee Week runs from 20 June to Refugee Sunday on 26 June.
With refugees and asylum seekers still in the headlines, this is an opportunity to join together in prayer and raise awareness of the needs of refugees.
Refugee Week is a partnership project coordinated and managed by Counterpoints Arts. You can visit the website here, where you can request various resources, including:
• Beyond the Welcome video - great for Sunday services and small groups
• Children’s Sunday School Material - Ages 2-5, 5-8, 9 years+, and all ages services
• The Mercy Song - Exclusive worship song and lyric video
The Diocese of Chester is supportive of the campaign and of refugees and has created a number of reflections written by clergy and lay people from our parishes. You can download them below.
- Refugee Week - Reflection 1
- Refugee Week - Reflection 2
- Refugee Week - Reflection 3
- Refugee Week - Reflection 4
- Refugee Week - Reflection 5
A prayer for refugees
Almighty and merciful God,
whose Son became a refugee and had no place to call his own;
look with mercy on those who today are fleeing from danger,
homeless and hungry.
Bless those who work to bring them relief;
inspire generosity and compassion in all our hearts;
and guide the nations of the world towards that day when all will rejoice in your Kingdom of justice and of peace;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Supporting refugees and asylum seekers
We know that churches across the Diocese of Chester are already responding generously and compassionately, particularly to the situation in Ukraine, and that each and every person's situation and capacity to help will be different. For those who are considering how they can help, Church House has collated some guidance and links to resources and support. Find out more.