Our vision at Christ Church Moreton is “making disciples, growing disciples and being disciples”, understanding that discipleship is a lifelong journey. We are seeking a Rector who has a calling, enthusiasm and passion to work with us to support our vision and develop the mission within our church, school and the local community.
Located at the heart of Moreton on the Wirral peninsula, we are an Evangelical church family, led by Christ-centred biblical teaching, that has a strong focus on community mission and every-member ministry. We believe that everyone has their role to play both in the spiritual and practical life of the church. This is evident through our home group network, the way we address community needs through initiatives like the Family Pack project and with members of the church serving as governors in Christ Church school.
Our vision committee discerned four key areas which we are focusing on within a five year plan:
- That our children and family work will be well established.
- Every-member ministry will be embedded in the church.
- We will have stronger links with our community.
- The finance of the church to be able to meet the ambition of the church.
Among other things, we are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Gifted in and passionate about Biblical teaching and preaching, eager to share the gospel and committed to prayer, both personal and corporate.
- Has a pastoral heart for getting alongside members of the church family, as well as supporting and encouraging wider pastoral ministry within the church
- Willing and able to help us live out and develop our church vision and 5 year plan.
- Encourage, strengthen and grow leaders within the church to prepare us for the work God has for us to do
- To be flexible and not take themselves too seriously, can enjoy their new life in Moreton and their calling in Christ Church.
If you believe God is calling you to this work we would love to hear from you.
Simeon's Trustees, the patron of Christ Church, is a leading and long-standing Church of England patronage trust, with patronage interests in over 140 benefices in 32 dioceses. For more information see www.simeons.org.uk or contact Ann Brown
If you wish to have an informal conversation with either the Archdeacon or the Simeon's Trustee directly involved please read the Information Letter for contact details.
Closing date for this post is midnight Wednesday 14 September
Visit and Interviews: Wednesday 19 - Thursday 20 October