We appreciate that this is a very difficult time for clergy and their families, and we assure you of our prayers at this time of uncertainty and anxiety. Although we will only be able to offer a reduced service to you in current circumstances, we will do our best to provide whatever support we can.
Earlier this week we sent out the following information:
In the event of a housing emergency over this period, the following contractors are providing emergency cover:
Chester Archdeaconry: Quinplex T: 0800 840 4043
Macclesfield Archdeaconry: TJones T: 07889 173 539
If you require advice or are unsure if the problem warrants an emergency call out, please contact your Archdeacon. More information will be communicated to clergy households soon.
You should continue with the above advice.
More specifically at present, we plan to proceed as follows:
- Existing projects which are already underway will continue, provided that contractors are able to work in accordance with Government advice, and provided that the personal circumstances of those living in the house would not prevent this.
- We will be postponing Quinquennial Inspections and some Vacancy Inspections.
- We encourage clergy to continue to allow Gas Safety inspections to take place and are proceeding on this basis given the safety implications of not doing so. Again taking account of Government advice.
- Other inspections will be delayed where it is safe to do so.
- We plan to postpone all non-urgent work for the foreseeable future.
- We have in place procedures to ensure continued regular payments to contractors from Church House
We expect Church House staff in the property department to be back online working from home in the course of the next week. Please bear with us if you have sent an email in the last few days to the property department as it will not currently have got through.
Please do get in touch with the Archdeacons or Diocesan Secretary if you need clarification or if we have missed something important.
Diocesan Secretary: George Colville
T: 01928 718834 Ext 247 | 07590 962 586 email@example.com
Archdeacon of Chester: Mike Gilbertson - Remote working
Archdeacon of Macclesfield: Ian Bishop - Remote working
Keeping you informed
We'll be issuing regular updates and important information about the Church's response to the current situation via the website and a new dedicated Coronavirus Briefing. You can subscribe to updates and important information from the Diocese of Chester via the form below: