Church Buildings

Advice on church buildings and churchyards

The office of the Diocesan Advisory Commitee (DAC) has responsibility for progressing faculty applications and providing policy advice on church building matters.  The answer to most popular enquiries is available within these pages but do contact the DAC Office if not.  Where appropriate, the DAC Office can put you in touch with churches who have undertaken similar work to any scheme you might be proposing yourself.

Authorisation of work to churches topics

Advice on many individual topics can be accessed by via our Technical Advice section

Clergy housing

Our Clergy housing pages provide advice on who is responsible for different types of works to clergy housing, as well as contact numbers for use by parishes in emergencies