Chester Diocesan Board of Education
This page gives details of the company and its members
Chester Diocesan Board of Education is governed by the Diocesan Boards of Education Measure 1991 and The Chester Diocesan Board of Education Order 1992 which gives it the following functions:
- to promote or assist in the promotion of education in the diocese, being education which is consistent with the faith and practice of the Church of England;
- to promote or assist in the promotion of religious education and religious worship in schools in the diocese;
- to promote or assist in the promotion of church schools in the diocese and to advise the governors of such schools and trustees of church educational endowments and any other body or person concerned on any matter affecting church schools in the diocese;
- to promote co-operation between the Board and bodies or persons concerned in any respect with education in the diocese;
- such other functions not contrary to this Measure as are assigned to the Board by the diocesan synod, other than functions relating to church schools or church educational endowments (Diocesan Synod has given the Board responsibility for children's and youth work and further and higher education).
The Board is a company limited by guarantee registered in England (no. 85176) and a registered charity (no. 525790).
The Memorandum of Association which gives the objects of the company can be seen here.
The Articles of Association which govern how the company is run can be seen here.
The Accounts for the year 2008 can be seen here.
The Accounts for the year 2009 can be seen here.
The Accounts for the year 2010 can be seen here.
The Accounts for the year 2011 can be seen here.
The Accounts for the year 2012 can be seen here.
Members of the Board serve for a term of three years (ending December 2015) and currently they are:
The Bishop of Chester;
Bishop's Appointments - The Bishop of Birkenhead, the Ven Dr M Gilbertson, the Revd C Helm;
Diocesan Synod appointments – the Revd Dr J Harries, Mr I Roberts
Deanery Synod appointments
|Chester Archdeaconry||Macclesfield Archdeaconry|
|Birkenhead:Mr W McKenzie||Bowdon: Mr P Edwards|
|Chester: Mr C Wilkinson||Chadkirk: Mr J Furse|
|Frodsham: Mr E Owen||Cheadle:|
|Great Budworth: The Revd J L Goode||Congleton: Mrs D Wisener|
|Malpas: Mr R Blackhurst||Knutsford: Dr W Yates|
|Middlewich: The Revd P Hartopp||Macclesfield: Mrs M McCombe|
|Wallasey: Mr S Cottam||Mottram: Mr I Johnson|
|Wirral North: The Revd D Newstead||Nantwich: Mr P Noden|
|Wirral South:||Stockport: Mr M Baxter|
Co-opted members - Revd L Bannon, Mrs A Bomford, the Revd D Guest, Ms J Owen, Mr J Owens, Canon E Renshaw, Canon Prof T Wheeler