Sabbaticals and Discretionary Grants
The Diocese has a programme of Sabbaticals for clergy: Sabbatical/Study leave is available to stipendiary clergy who have been in their current post longer than three years and who have not had a sabbatical in the last seven years. Sabbaticals need to be booked well in advance (at least two years) as this gives opportunity for planning and arranging cover where needed.
Applications for Sabbaticals plans should be discussed with Christopher Burkett, Director of Ministry. Sabbatical plans should also be discussed with your suffragan bishop, rural dean and agreed with your PCCs. The Sabbatical fund is able to offer grants of up to £300 for up to twelve clergy each year; 12 Sabbaticals are booked for 2013 and 2014.
If you would like to know more, please contact Jane Hood at Church House.
- There is a £2,000 discretionary fund available for clergy. The fund is administered by the Director of Ministry. This fund has a dual purpose:
- Extra support for individuals in addition to their normal CMD in-service training grant
- Financial support for courses that people are asked to attend on behalf of the Diocese. The criteria on which applications will be judged are as follows:
- potential gain for the diocese
- potential gain for the parish
- potential gain for the individual
- potential gain for the wider Church
- If you are interested in applying for a grant from this fund, please contact Jane Hood at Church House 01244 681973 ext 257 for an application form. A panel will then decide the allocation of grants.