Women in Ministry
Support for women in ministry
The remit for this post includes:
- Supporting ordained and lay women in ministry, particularly in parishes that have voted for Resolutions A, B or C, or all three.
- Raising issues with the Director of Ministry and Bishops/Archdeacons e.g. highlighting blatant discrimination, harassment and abuse of women.
- Encouraging women clergy to apply for senior posts, diocesan groups and committees.
- Advising other clergy on women’s issues.
- Keeping in touch with the wider church e.g. NADAWM (National Association of Diocesan Advisers for Women in Ministry) and nominating women to attend the Windsor Consultations for Women Clergy each year.
- Advising on appointments where necessary.
- Being alongside women with ministerial difficulties.
- Encouraging a wholeness of priestly ministry with both men and women working happily alongside each other.
½ to 1 day per week on further Adviser duties.
the Dean of Women is Ministry is Revd Alison Fulford
tel: 01270 780742 email: firstname.lastname@example.org