Women in Ministry
Support for women in ministry
Revd Libby Lane is the Dean of Women in Ministry for the Diocese of Chester her remit includes:
- Supporting ordained and lay women in ministry, particularly in parishes that have voted for Resolutions A, B or C, or all three.
- Raising issues with the Director of Ministry and Bishops/Archdeacons e.g. highlighting blatant discrimination, harassment and abuse of women.
- Encouraging women clergy to apply for senior posts, diocesan groups and committees.
- Advising other clergy on women’s issues.
- Keeping in touch with the wider church e.g. NADAWM (National Association of Diocesan Advisers for Women in Ministry) and nominating women to attend the Windsor Consultations for Women Clergy each year.
- Advising on appointments where necessary.
- Being alongside women with ministerial difficulties.
- Encouraging a wholeness of priestly ministry with both men and women working happily alongside each other.
- ½ to 1 day per week on further Adviser duties.
She is also incumbent of Ashley and Hale
Contact details tel: 0161 928 4182 Email: email@example.com