Privacy and Cookies


Floodlighting your church building can be an effective mission activity and/or security improvement. You should consult your local planning authority who will be concerned to ensure that there is no detrimental effect to neighbours or traffic on adjoining roads. You will need to apply for a faculty for any new floodlighting installation and any significant work on existing systems.

Detailed advice: available from the Churchcare website. This includes a consideration of the rationale for floodlighting, local consultation and system design.

Share Page...


The DAC Office - The office of the Diocesan Advisory Commitee (DAC) has responsibility for progressing faculty applications and providing policy advice on church building matters.  The answer to most popular enquiries will be available via these web pages but do contact the DAC Office if not.  Where appropriate, the DAC Office can put you in touch with churches who have undertaken similar work to any scheme you might be proposing yourself.