Recent updates and resources to support you in your ministry and mission
We strive to respond to the call of our loving and self giving God through relationship and engagement with His world. Social Responsibility enables us to explore, explain and demonstrate how God's love may be understood in the challenges that face humanity at a personal and corporate level.
We look to Jesus' ministry for the pattern of our work:
- Pastoral: in service and search for justice for those who suffer and are in need
- Prophetic: in speaking out about the love and justice of God, if necessary over and against the world
- Priestly: in assisting others in their walk with Christ.
Information on events, national campaigns and resources to help churches in their mission and ministry. Click here
Areas of Work
• A Counselling Service for clergy, their immediate family, church members and lay workers.
• Encourage clergy to develop a healthy life/work balance through ‘consultative support’.
• Provide support and advice in pastoral situations, and co-ordinate action on mental health issues through the Mental Health Forum.
• Inform, resource and support parishes in their contact and engagement with criminal justice issues.
• Support the Chaplains at Styal Prison and Thorn Cross YOI.
• Organise and promote the ‘Prisons Week’ service in November.
Disability & Deafness
• Resource and support parishes to develop an inclusive attitude towards disability.
• Provide advice and information on adaptations to church buildings and other ways in which people with a disability can play a full part in church life.
• Co-ordinate and support teams of signers to provide signing at regular services and occasional offices.
• Help the diocese and parishes take action on environmental issues.
• Provide resources for parishes to help ‘Shrink our Footprint’.
• Enable parishes to respond to the diverse needs of families.
• Provide resources for ministry around Baptism, Marriage, Bereavement, Parenting, Ageing and Older People.
• Older People and the Church Group: A network for supporting the ministry of churches with older people.
• Encourage minority ethnic members to contribute to and be involved at all levels of our Church’s dynamic life.
• Promote Racial Justice Sunday each September.
• Offer support and advice.
Life Expectancy Wirral
• Enable Christian Communities to respond to the issues surrounding the unacceptable differentiation in life expectancy on Wirral
• Co-ordinate a ‘pairing’ programme for churches
• Co-ordinate support and networks through the Rural Co-ordinating team.
• Resource and support those ministering in urban areas by building up networks for mutual help and support and affirm local initiatives.
• Co-ordinate action on issues, authorise grants and organise initiatives eg Challenging Poverty and Life Expectancy through the Urban Mission and Ministry Committee
"Coming together is a beginning,
GAP3 resources to help you reach your OUT goals, to your community. Click here
CSR aims and objectives:
- Resource and support parishes in their mission,particularly their social action and outreach
- Provide you with many useful resources and links
- Value difference and diversity
- Listen to and assist deaneries
- Use appropriate and sustainable methods such as sharing models of good practice
- Harness people's gifts and skills
- Work in partnership and collaboration with others
- Continue to raise awareness and explore our prophetic role
If you would like to send us feedback on how we can improve the web pages, or if you have a story if interest please email Victoria Day