Disclosure and Barring Service
The Diocese of Chester has partnered with CCPAS to provide its DBS (formerly CRB) Disclosure service and each parish is, therefore, required to register in order to continue applying for disclosures. Please see further details:
CCPAS Disclosure and Barring Service – ACTION REQUIRED
CCPAS was established in 1977 and provides an unrivalled professional safeguarding advisory service. The benefits to the parishes include:
- Access to the online e-bulk application system
- A much faster processing service via dedicated processing staff – many checks take just a few days to process from beginning to end
- No more need to send any forms in the post
- Greatly reduced potential for errors than completing paper forms
- Access to online reports, including DBS status information
- A dedicated account manager providing specialist help and advice
- Regular updates
- No direct charges to the parish – all costs will continue to be met by the Diocese
CCPAS is one of the largest DBS Umbrella Organisations and provides this service to thousands of organisations and some Dioceses across the country, whilst consistently providing a fast efficient turn around. Therefore, the Diocese of Chester is confident that this will offer an improved service to parishes.
The Diocese of Chester / CCPAS Disclosure Service Booklet contains a Registration Form which should be completed and sent to Church House. On this form you will need to provide the details of a Lead Recruiter. This does not necessarily need to be the same person as the parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator, but they will need access to a computer to process the online checks. Once you have been registered your Account Manager at CCPAS will send you an email with full details of how to access the system.
Download the Diocese of Chester / CCPAS Booklet