We offer a range of training options for people involved in ministry with children
Bible adventures for children's leaders
This set of evenings is a follow-up to the Bible Skills+ training series, though you definitely don’t have to have been to those to find these helpful. In each session we will get to grips with one Bible passage and work together creatively on how to explore it with children.
Explore how to use different parts of the Bible well.
- Develop creativity in planning.
- Test activity ideas.
- Reflect on what key Bible passages mean for us, our children and our ministry.
- Browse and borrow resources.
Session leader: David Bell, Diocesan Adviser for Ministry among Children.
Arrange some training:
We offer a range of training sessions and series for children’s leaders and those developing children's ministry in churches. Please contact David Bell to ask about hosting an event or for something tailor-made for your situation. Some possibilities are:
Why am I on the children’s rota? A session looking at our aims in children’s ministry and how to grow from where you are.
Bible skills+ for children's leaders A series on practical skills for planning and leading sessions exploring the Bible in children’s groups:
- Session 1 Storytelling and the Bible
- Session 2 Beginning to end: getting into the Bible’s big story
- Session 3 Using activities: games, drama, makes and takes
- Session 4 Prayer, music and more
- Session 5 Putting it all together: planning a Bible-based session
FEAST An informal session to network with others locally and explore a Bible passage and how it could be used with children.
Growing Children Looking at how to engage the whole church in developing children’s ministry.
- Church Colleges Certificate in Children’s Ministry – a one-year accredited course
- Child protection training arranged by the Safeguarding Officer
For details of all current events click here. The regular Ministry among Children mailing includes simple training ideas for leaders meetings or personal reflection. For a list of topics and to download past issues, click here.